Friday, December 12, 2008

"Test me and know my thoughts..."

So, I have this calendar that I bought from Northwestern Bookstore that has all different quotes/scriptures about beauty. Today's said:

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
-Psalm 139:23-24

I really value this scripture because of the ways it makes me think. Like I said in my last entry, a lot of times we complain about the struggles we face from day-to-day, but that is life, right? I think it is a very important aspect of life; the true reason that we are all able to grow. I mean, just think of what it would be like if we didn't struggle. Would we even have faith? I think it would be too easy to trust God, and our faith would diminish to nothing.

Think about something that is challenging you in your life right now. Better yet, look back on your life and pinpoint a tough struggle that you have faced. I challenge you to spend some time really contemplating how that experience has transformed you into the person you are today. How much stronger are you? How has your outlook changed on life? How has your connection with God changed?

Personally, the more I struggle, the more beauty I am able to see in God's love, and in myself. I L-O-V-E in the scripture above where it says "test me and know my thoughts," because GOD KNOWS! He has a beautiful plan for all of us, but we must be tested in our faith. Doing so will strengthen our spirits, our faith, and our understanding of God's beautiful plan.

I would really like to hear any thoughts you have related to this post. Did the scripture make you all thinky like it did to me? Comment me back, or better yet talk to me!

With endless love for Y-O-U,
Kayla <3 Love

No comments: