Monday, December 8, 2008

Opening words

I have officially joined the blogging world! I have come to realize that this stage of my life is very important, and an essential time to grow and learn about myself. I seem to figure out so many life lessons on a day-to-day basis and I just want to share my perspectives with the ones I love! (or anyone that wants to read them I suppose.) Which brings me to my next subject: L-O-V-E. Ah, everything about the word makes me so happy. That may sound corny to some, however I am completely captivated by the importance, meaning, and value of love. Coming to Christ is what has inspired this the most, I believe. God is so incredibly great, and shows me new things about love every day. I can't wait to share everything that He is opening my eyes to! Although she isn't a proclaimed Christian artist, Sara Bareilles must have similar feelings about love. In her song, "Bottle it Up" she sings it perfectly: "you're only gonna get, get what you give away, so give love." I encourage you to give it a listen if you've never heard it. Her whole CD is wonderful actually, so BUY IT. =)
As for now, it is finals week, and although I would love to type my little heart out, I also know the importance of passing Spanish class--off to studying I go!

May you trust in God's beautiful plan for you! ~Proverbs 3:5-6~
Kayla <3 Love

Ok, I think I have a little time for some random background. Ready... GO!

*favorite color: green, although it must be the right shade.

*role models: Above all, Christ. Also: Sara Bareilles, Christina Aguilera, my beautiful mommy, there are more....

*fruits and veggies: I enjoy delicious strawberries and pineapple, and moderately enjoy cucumbers and carrots.

*perfect weather for a day would be: sunny, about 7o degrees with a slight breeze, and after the sunsets, a soft rain shower.

*if I could meet anyone at this moment it would be: Lacy Mosley--head singer of Flyleaf.

*song of the moment: Sweetly broken

*if my plan to become a nurse fails i will: work a part-time job to raise enough money and join YWAM Christian missions for a year.

*the word I despise most is: moist, ugly... I guess i have two.

*leo buscaglia inspires me. That man knows Love.

Ok that's enough for now...

No comments: